Important Notice -Leakage of your personal data
June 27, 2018
We wish to inform you to the fact that one of our service providers, FastBooking, has suffered a security incident that has comprised their computer system.
As a result, some of your personal data may have been misappropriated.
Please be informed that as at present there has been no reported misuse of your information arising from this incident.
We sincerely apologize for any inconvenience caused.
Hotel Odakyu Southern Tower Co., Ltd.
Details are as follows:
1. The web server of FastBooking has suffered a security incident that has compromised their computer system on June 15th and 17th, 2018.
2. The data which has reportedly been compromised are your:
(1) Full name, nationality, zip code, home address, email address, booked price, booking number, check-in and check-out dates.
(This concerns bookings which were made between May, 2017 and June 19th, 2018).
(2) Encrypted credit card information such as: the card holder’s name, card number, the card’s expiration date.
（This concerns bookings which were made before August, 2017）
3. Actions Taken
(1) We have informed the Personal Information Commission in Japan on June 26th, 2018 about the incident.
(2) The source of the intrusion discovered on June 15th and 17th, 2018 has been brought under control and all the necessary steps have been taken to prevent the incident from recurring by FastBooking.
(3) FastBooking has reported the incident to all the major credit card companies, has implemented cardholder protection measures, and has reported the details to the fraud investigation agency.
(4) Emails will be sent to the subjects impacted by this incident.
4. We recommend that you, for your part, take considerable caution in the management of your emails. The intent to phish sensitive data cannot be ruled out.
You should note that we will not request you, in a form of email, payment, credit card number or other personal information. Such emails may be intended for fraud, so please be very careful.
*Please direct your inquiries about this incident to:
Customer Service, Hotel Century Southern Tower